10 Top Reasons to Use Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera and its benefits come up quite a bit in the medical news. It is common knowledge that Aloe is great for skin, especially sunburned and damaged skin, however, it has a lot of other uses that are perhaps more beneficial to the body as a whole than just the skin.
- Healthy Skin- Common knowledge is that Aloe Vera does wonders for the skin. Since the plant’s pulp is made of 99% water with the other 1% essential vitamins and minerals, the healing properties are monumental. Dry and sunburned skin is instantly cooled and moisturized when pure aloe gel is applied to it. The anti-inflammatory properties of Aloe Vera come into action also, helping the damaged skin to heal quickly. The anti-inflammatory properties help with resolving and treating acne. Acne can be uncomfortable for those who suffer from it but aloe has been found to be an effective treatment. Not only for its anti-inflammatory properties but also for its ability to reduce the amount of acne-causing bacteria on the skin’s surface. Simply applying it a couple of times a day will reduce and relieve acne dramatically. Continued use will also help keep acne scars and redness at bay. Stretchmarks can also be minimized by applying aloe gel to them a couple of times a day. Even for those with no skin conditions applying aloe can leave skin feeling incredibly soft and smooth.
- Improves Digestion- Millions of people suffer from digestion issues, such as acid reflux, constipation and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Drinking Aloe Vera juice on a regular basis, daily, can help to alleviate the symptoms and discomfort of each of these afflictions. Aloe has properties that can help set the stomach straight; balancing alkaline in the body, neutralizing stomach acid, hydrating the digestive tract to help with constipation, as well as fighting “bad” bacteria in your gut. After just a little bit of time, one will feel the relief that aloe provides to the digestive tract.
Aides in Weight Loss
- Aides in Weight Loss- Aloe Vera alone is not a magic potion for immediate or easy weight loss. However, the regular use of Aloe Vera juice has been proven to help kick start the process and maintain results. Although diet and exercise are the primary way the pounds will come off, by aiding in healthy digestion. Aloe Vera has an extremely positive impact on the loss of body fat.
- Removing Toxins- Free Radicals are toxins that enter our bodies via our environment. These toxins attack and compromise healthy cells in our body, decreasing our immune system and leaving us susceptible to both minor and major illnesses such as cancer. Aloe has the ability to fight free radicals in the body, boosting the immune system and repairing damaged cells.
Great for Hair Care
- Long, Luxurious Hair- Many studies have shown that Aloe Vera has a great effect on hair growth. By simply drinking its juice on a regular basis, aloe has the ability to balance the body’s Ph. to a level that is perfect for optimal hair growth. Using the liquid on the scalp, in unison with drinking it, can also have a positive impact. Aloe applied directly on the skin moisturizes the scalp and removes dandruff and particles on the scalp that cause baldness.
- Lowers Cholesterol- Whether it is caused by poor diet, genetics, or a little bit of both, high cholesterol is something that millions of people across the world are affected by high cholesterol. High cholesterol can be dangerous. It can lead to stroke and heart disease and can be fatal. Luckily, Aloe Vera contains a sterol, which is a substance that has been proven time and again to reduce cholesterol in the body, promoting good cardiovascular health.
- Good Blood Sugar- Diabetes is another disease that affects millions. High and uncontrolled blood sugar levels can lead to nerve damage, visual impairment, and heart and kidney problems among many other ill effects on the body. For those struggling with high blood sugar readings, Aloe Vera may be a helpful solution. It may take a few months but drinking aloe juice has been shown to significantly reduce and stabilize blood sugar levels for people suffering from Type II Diabetes. Aloe supplements have also been recommended for the natural treatment of nerve damage to the hands and feet which is a common occurrence in longtime diabetics.
Great for Oral Health
- Keep Your Gums Healthy- There have been more and more talk in the scientific community about oral health and its importance to the health of the entire body. The mouth is certainly the “gateway” to the body and anything that enters the mouth will indeed affect the whole being. This has brought oral health into the spotlight. Pure aloe gel rubbed on the gums helps to heal gum disease, soothes sore and bleeding gums and with its antibacterial properties, kills bacteria to prevent them from flourishing only to later on move down into the rest of the body causing illness.
Great for Blood Pressure
- Lower Your Blood Pressure- Vitamin B12, found in Aloe Vera, is key in keeping the body’s cardiovascular system healthy and functioning at its optimal potential. Incorporating Aloe Vera juice or pulp into your diet can help to regulate blood pressure at healthy levels in order to keep the heart in good condition.
- Ease Inflammation- Many professional athletes use beta-sitrosterol, an ingredient found naturally in Aloe Vera that naturally reduces the body’s response to inflammation. This ingredient has been shown to help people suffering from auto-immune diseases such as Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis, as well as those with milder forms of joint pain. Simply drinking Aloe Vera juice during flare-ups can reduce the discomfort from these conditions in a short amount of time.