What is Aloe Vera Good For?
This is one of the Questions we get on our blog quite a lot. Aloe Vera is getting more and more popular as a natural alternative to some of the harmful medications that can be bought over the counter in pharmacy’s. Consumers are looking for new healthy ways to tackle their health issue’s and symptoms. This magical little plant has been used for centuries as one of natures most powerful, natural healing alternatives. Aloe Vera is very well known for its abundant source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids. So to answer the Question “What is Aloe Vera good for?” we have put together a list of the Top 30 beneficial ways to use Aloe Vera to improve your health.
Top 30 ways to use Aloe Vera to improve your health.
- Sunburn: One of the most common and popular uses for Aloe Vera is for sunburn! I think we have all made that mistake at one time in our lives, we stay out in the sun too long and we get burned. It’s incredibly uncomfortable and painful ailment to have, your body craves instant relief from the heat. The plants gel can very quickly sooth and cool the effected area, help moisturize to prevent peeling and heal the burn itself.
- Digestive Issues: If you take the inner Gel as a juice or drink it can help with digestion. The plant’s enzymes can clean the digestive tract and help speed up the metabolism to aid in digestion of food and help get rid of that bloated, sluggish feeling. Read more.
- Constipation: The latex part of the plant which lye’s just under the leaf, a yellow bitter substance has been used for centuries as a natural laxative and is a common ingredient up until recently in laxative medications. It is now thought better to use the plants inner gel than the latex layer for health purposes to aid in better bowel function. Read more.
- Heartburn: The Gel from the plant can be made into a juice and taken to help prevent and treat the symptoms of acid reflux and acid indigestion. The plants enzymes can help the body become more alkaline and reduce stomach acid build up and the discomfort associated with the condition. Read more.
- Weight loss: Lets face it everyone wants to loose a few pounds nowadays and to look healthier. As mentioned above Aloe Vera can help speed up your metabolism and help you shed those unwanted pounds. When added to a healthy fitness and exercise regime. Read more.
- Wound Healing: Dating all the way back to the time of Alexander the Great this magical healing plant has been known as an incredible wound healer. Alexander himself sought out the plant for his soldiers to treat their wounds when they returned from battle. It can be used on cuts, scratches, and abrasions to make healing faster.
- Burns: Aloe Vera should always be kept in the fridge and easy to grab in an emergency for burn accidents. Its Gel penetrates the skin fast when applied, it can cool and sooth the area of a burn from the moment it touches the skin, it can help protect the skin from being infected, prevent the skin from worsening and it also promotes recovery time by healing the skin faster.
- Skin Rashes: Sometimes the bodies reaction to an inflammatory situation or irritant is to break out in a rash to let you know that there is a problem or irritant causing the body to react this way. The leaf juice or gel can be applied to relieve and sooth the redness associated with a rash and can even repair the damaged skin. fully restoring the skin to its normal state.
- Acne: Acne is a condition we have all probably suffered with at some stage or an other in our lives. It is caused by bacteria infecting the sebaceous gland from an excess of oil build up on the skin. Aloe Vera gel can be applied to help control the symptoms of acne, because it has antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiviral properties. Read more.
- Acne Scarring: The scarring left behind from acne is both physical and mental. It is a very embarrassing condition to have. As with all skin conditions the awesome healing properties of the plant can help remove the scars left behind from the physical effects of acne and with a clear complexion you can start to help you feel more confident. Read More.
- Eczema: Eczema is a tough condition to suffer from and control. It can appear on any part of the body in the form of an extremely dry skin rash. Aloe Vera is a great treatment for Eczema as it treats the condition from the inside and also the outside. It should be consumed internally to help boost your immune system from within and also applied externally for relief from dry skin outbreaks and to help heal and sooth the painful rash. Read More.
- Psoriasis: If you suffer from Psoriasis you know all about the incredible itchyness that comes with the condition! It can manifest in small or large areas of the skin and is a very troublesome ailment. Aloe Gel is an amazing natural antipruritc which means it has a compound that inhibits itching, relieving the symptoms of Psoriasis.
- As an Anti-inflammatory: Inflammation is the body’s natural response to a problem or an irritant caused by an infection or injury, it’s a response to help protect the effected area. The Aloe plants inner gel is widely known for it’s anti-inflammatory properties, and is useful in helping to relieve the swelling associated with inflammation. However it is of vital importance to find the root cause of the problem in the first place and not just treat the effects of inflammation. Read More.
- Cholesterol: Medline Plus a medical website a service of the U.S National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health boast that preliminary evidence suggests that taking 10ml to 20ml of Aloe Vera orally for 12 weeks can reduce total cholesterol by 15%
- Diabetes: Diabetes is a condition related to the controls of high blood sugar levels in the body. There are 2 different types. Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes. Some studies have shown that when Aloe Vera is added to ones diet along with medication taken to control diabetes it can actually help lower blood sugar levels. However care should always be taken when adding any health supplement to ones regime. Medical advice from a professional should always be sought.
- Oral Health: It can also be used as an oral rinse to help aid in the care of gums , gingivitis or (bleeding gums) also some products now boast the power of aloe’s ingredients in the form of toothpaste to help promote strong healthy teeth. It can also help aid and cure canker sores and mouth ulcers when placed directly on the effected area.
- Cold Sores: Cold sores otherwise known as herpes can effect anyone with the virus. It is thought that once you have the herpes virus in your system you will always be prone to getting the infection as it manifests and stays in your brain. When the infection decides to come out it will travel to your mouth and come out in the form of a cold sore. Aloe Vera Gel is great to treat the symptoms of the effects of the cold sore and reduce healing time.
- As a Moisturizer: The Gel from the plant can be found in an amazing amount of cosmetic products, especially as a moisturizer. Because the plant is succulent the gel is made up of very high percentage of water, so it is a great way to rehydrate the skin and replace moisture. It acts as an emollient which makes the skin soft, supple, rehydrated and refreshed.
- Body Scrub: You can very easily make your very own natural and healthy body scrub which is free from any nasty toxic ingredients that can be found in store bought products to make your skin feel smooth to the touch. By mixing organic brown sugar, organic Aloe Vera Gel and some organic lemon juice. Easy Peasy!!
- As a Shampoo: Some store bought so called healthy shampoo’s can cost a small fortune and are full of harsh chemicals that should never be used. Why not try an organic, healthy, natural and cost effective approach to managing your hair? If you mix organic inner leaf Aloe Vera Gel with some organic coconut oil and your favorite essential oil for fragrance. Bingo your sorted!!! Aloe Vera healthy shampoo at a fraction of the cost. Read more.
- For Hair Growth: Medical studies have been long documented in saying that the Aloe plant can be used to promote hair growth. A study in 2007 by James Law a pharmacist used Aloe Gel straight from the leaf each day for 9 months to promote hair growth and produced great results. Read More.
- Dandruff: The Gel from the plant contains both anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that can help reduce the build up bacteria which can dry out the scalp leading to dandruff. It can also moisturize the scalp and help reduce and remove the symptoms of dandruff altogether.
- Insect bites: The body’s natural response to an insect bite is to become inflamed and swollen because of the foreign object introduced to the skin. The plant’s gel can sooth the pain from the bite as it is a natural analgesic, it can help with the swelling because of its natural anti-inflammatory properties.
- Antioxidants: Aloe Vera is well know for its abundant source of antioxidants. Antioxidants are so important to the body to help fight off free radicals that can cause chronic disease’s such as disease’s of the heart , cancer etc.. etc.. It is also important to help boost the immune system and keep the body healthy.
- Vitamins: Along with it’s many health benefits and healing properties the plant itself is also an amazing source of vitamins, vitamins that are essential to keep the body functioning normally and optimally. the following vitamins can be found in the inner gel of the plant Vitamin B12, B6, B3, B2, B1 along with Vitamins A, C, D and Folic Acid.
- Minerals: The Plant is also an amazing source of naturally occurring healthy minerals which include: calcium, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium and zinc.
- Antiviral and Antibacterial Soap: Aloe Gel can be used as a fantastic soap because of it’s antiviral and antibacterial properties. Some store bought soaps can rob your hands of moisture as a result of the many harsh chemical ingredients they have. You can make your very own soap straight from the Aloe Vera leaf gel. It will save you money and also keep your hands fully moisturized, clean and bacteria free.
- To Detox: Colon cleansing is all the latest rage to help with weight loss and to help kick start slow metabolisms. There are many Aloe Vera products on the market today that boast weight loss results by using aloe to cleanse the colon when also added to a proper diet and fitness and exercise regime. The clean 9 system is one of the most popular on the market today and is brought to you by forever living products.
- Foot Therapy: Do you suffer from athletes foot? Have cracked skin on your feet? Suffer from fungal nail infections? Well if you answer yer to any of the above then you nee Aloe Vera for your feet!! that’s right you can use the inner gel to make a an amazing exfoliating foot soak that is antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal. Totally natural to help you with all your of your foot conditions.
- Cosmetics uses: There are more and more cosmetics company’s nowadays coming to the market with products and cosmetics that are infused with Aloe Vera ingredients. Yes that’s right even the big major company’s are starting to catch on and use the plants ingredients because of its amazing benefits. So when you are out shopping next choose a product that has Aloe Vera enriched ingredients.
So there you have it The Top 30 ways to use Aloe Vera to improve your health. We hope you have enjoyed reading these and we hope it answers the question of ” What is Aloe Vera Good For?”. With all of these amazing health benefits why not try adding Aloe Vera to your daily health regime? Check out our Aloe Vera plants for sale below or head on over to our products page and pick up your very own Aloe Vera Plant Today!
If you have some friend who you think might like this article why not share it with them by using the share buttons below.
Stay Healthy Folks 😉